VillageFest / C.A.R.E. was formed as a not-for-profit organization in the Spring of 1999, to raise money for local children’s charities. Each year, places 60% of all money raised into an Endowment Fund, for the future of our children. The remaining 40% is awarded twice a year to local charities that specialize in children’s needs, where 100% of all proceeds will stay in Kern County, 100% will go directly to children’s needs, and 100% of the money will never go towards any administrative costs! Our board members carefully consider numerous requests for funding and award grants based on the number of children who will benefit and the needs of both the requesting organization and the community as a whole.

The Green Dragons involvement in VillageFest started in 2010 as a Fellowship group helping as “Bar Backs”.  They expanded their efforts with C.A.R.E. by becoming members of the VillageFest Steering Committee, attending planning meetings several months prior to VillageFest night, as well as providing additional manpower for setting up before and cleanup after.

Set up, Bar Backs and Sunday clean up crews are made up of Green Dragon Masons and Friends of Masons.  If you are interested in getting involved in this rewarding event please use the Contact Page.